Society membership is open to all who support its purposes, which are to
- Unite those interested in the archaeology of Missouri
- Promote cooperation among professional and amateur archaeologists
- Promote the study, investigation, and interpretation of archaeological sites and remains
- Provide for the dissemination of knowledge and research in archaeology and related disciplines
- Provide for the recording and preservation of archaeological remains and sites and for educational use of such information through displays and publications
- Promote a constructive public attitude toward these remains
- Recognize that artifact surface collecting and reporting has importance when performed in a manner consistent with the purposes and policies of the Society and State Historic Preservation Office site-recording procedures
Membership is for the calendar year. There are seven membership levels: Student ($15), Active ($30), Household ($35), Supporting ($50), Patron ($90), Life ($900), and Institutional ($40).
Click here for a printable membership form.
Click here to join or renew online.
- 4 issues of the MAS Quarterly - Sample
- The Missouri Archaeologist (a single-issue journal published yearly)*
- Archaeology Month poster
Annual meeting and symposia featuring presentations and exhibits
- Discount on MAS publications
- Option to receive annual publications in either print or digital versions
*Student members do not receive The Missouri Archaeologist.